Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

problem with rc buffet clarinet

Hello,
I'm playing clarinet for 13 years and I bought a used rc buffet clarinet with serial number 310949. I maintained this, but I have some problems with this. When I'm playing for 30 min to 1hr., the sound of the clarinet is closed and limited, resulting in a problem in my study. Also occurs mainly in the lower part of the clarinet and the low and high octave. I would like to tell me your opinion about my problem, so I would like to try to resolve it.
Thank you very much.

I'd guess you have a small leak somewhere that only happens once the instrument is warmed up. Perhaps a pad that swells when it gets wet.

Back the small screw above the A key out about 1/2 turn or until there is a bit of "wiggle" before it contacts the Ab. How long have you been playing?

thanks for the info MrDibbs but can you explain me what exactly pad is, because I don't understand it
Picture. In this pic, the pads are the white things sticking to the keys. Mind you, pads can come in lots of different colors and materials. I'd call the white ones probably the most common ones on clarinet. What they do is simply seal a hole on the clarinet that you couldn't with your own fingers because you don't have enough. Fingers, that is.

If a pad leaks, you can have a bunch of problems, including the problem you're currently experiencing. However, it's possible something else is wrong, but I like to go from "cheap and easy to test" to "expensive" in any troubleshooting. JBT and MrDibbs are real techs, so they've got the answers.

EDIT: An please don't cross-post (posting the same thing in two or more places). It makes the admins have to do extra work.

Back
Top Bottom