Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Ripping from YouTube

Heckelphone

Double Reed CE
Staff member
CE/Moderator
I discovered that there is an easy way to convert YouTube videos to audio mp3, for playing on iPods, etc.

Go to ListenToYouTube.com, paste in the URL of the video you want, and click "Go". They process the video, and after a couple of minutes give you a link to download the mp3 file. The file doesn't contain any tags, but you can open it in iTunes and fill in the track name, artist, etc.

Good for those "one of a kind / not available in stores / not even on CD" tunes.

Enjoy,

Grant

I have used a Firefox add-on called Download Helper. Works great for saving stuff. Puts it all into a FLV format though.

I have used a Firefox add-on called Download Helper. Works great for saving stuff. Puts it all into a FLV format though.
FLV is the Flash video format. There are free FLV players available on line. Also free programs that will convert from FLV to MPEG or WMV. A google search should turn them up.

FLV is the Flash video format. There are free FLV players available on line. Also free programs that will convert from FLV to MPEG or WMV. A google search should turn them up.

Yep. The nice thing about listentoyoutube is that it doesn't install anything on your computer: too many free widgets also come with adware (or worse :???:).

Yep. The nice thing about listentoyoutube is that it doesn't install anything on your computer: too many free widgets also come with adware (or worse :???:).
The FLV player and converter I used have no such baggage. I don't remember which ones, though. I got them (and tested them) a few months BC (before crash), and they were among the nonessential files I didn't have backed up.

I have a lonely old PC whose job it is to test unknown downloads before I commit them to my main confuser. That old guy has saved me a lot of grief.

Heckelphone, thanks for the link. I was running a line out into a digital workstation in order to rip audio from youtube videos. This site makes my life a lot easier. :)

Back
Top Bottom