Saxello Stand

This is my first time ever posting something so I want to say something with
some validity .
I have been reading articles all over the web about how to keep my saxello safe on stage or
even at home.
Some people are making there own stands or bending the heck out of the ones they have.
Well, its very easy and safe. Use an Alto flute stand. I use one for my alto flute and for my
Rampone & Cazzani R1 Jazz saxello, Great fit, get the Hercules.
You know I spent some bucks on my horn and I don't want to just put it on any other stand.
So if this gets to some of the people that have a Saxello it was all worth it.
Thanks.
II V I

Hi there Bobby II V I. Welcome to the WF.

I don't own a saxello-shaped soprano, so have never thought about stands for either the original King-made ones, or the newer horns with the same shape. However, what you write makes sense. Do you happen to have a photo of your sax in the stand that you could post in this thread?

I completely agree with your statement that "I spent some bucks on my horn and I don't want to just put it on any other stand."

That's the same thing I've been saying about bass saxophones for years now, when telling people about fully adjustable bass saxophone stands by Andreas Kaling in Germany. These stands are not cheap, but they are heaviest, and most stable stable stands available to bass players. They are even available with upper and lower horseshoes for bari sax. It's also the only fully adjustable sax stand on the market that allows you to play your horns while seated or standing, and while at virtually any angle.

What I say to bass players is something like this: When you've spent 5, 6, or 7, or more thousands of $ on your horn, don't you want to make sure that whatever holds it, is going to do the job, and protect your investment?

I hope you find some threads here that interest you II V I, and that you'll find you'll want to jump into the conversations some more. Again, thanks for the tip, and I hope you do have a pic so I can see what this looks like.

There were at least two original stands for the Saxello. One is this metal "Y" wire stand, which is awfully rickety. I'm pretty sure there was another that was a big ol' block of wood with a deep V cut into it. I think Groovekiller has one. In either case, I definitely agree that if you're going to use a stand that you should buy a good one.

EDIT: I found a third original stand.

Saxello

IMG_3703.jpgIMG_3705.jpg
Thanks Hellen for your reply,
Here is the alto flute stand with my soprano in it.
I have a thick rubber washer on the bottom of it so my bell does not make contact with the metal.
I picked up the rubber water at True value for .25
I am a doubler and a good stand is so important to me. I own 3 alto stands. 1 for my alto flute and I own 2 saxello.
Using the alto flute stand came to me by accident, I was practicing my sop when the phone rang and I had to write some down
the stand was empty so I put the saxello on the alto flute stand and wowowow.
I ordered 2 more after that call.
Sincerely
Bobby.
Nice photo. do we really have that many ribs

Saxello stand with wooden block

CurvedBellStand.jpg

The Saxello stand with the wooden block Pete mentioned was a one-off that I made myself. Now I use it for my clarinet with a curved bell

Sorry I've been MIA for a number of days. I've been literally snowed under with "instrument issues", and going back and forth to the repair shop as my low A bari--which I need for a musical that starts its run in a month--decides to have bell-shift issues. Argh... :emoji_imp: Anyone want a B&S Medusa bari. Looks like new... Has a ****e bell to body support ring though.... :-x But that's another thread...
Bobby II V I
Hello again,
What type of Bass sax do you have.​

I'll assume that question was directed at me. ;) I own a 1922 Buescher.

Since this thread was started about threads, the stand for my bass is worth a mention as well. I use what I think is likely the best bass--and can be bari--stand in the world. It is fully adjustable for playing in any position and angle. They are made by Andreas Kaling in Germany.

This is what I recommend: Hercules bass clarinet stand which costs $79 with free shipping from music123.com.
View attachment 2930

I just got one of these for my new to me bass clarinet. I had heard that their footprint was big, but I was shocked to see just how big it was. It is freakin' huge. I'm not sure it would work in a a crowded pit. By the time I drag the other 3 or 4 horns in I need to play, I'm using so much real estate in the pit, this is likely way more space than I would have left open to me.

As far as the stand itself, it's great... Just like the rest of the Hercules stands.

Back
Top Bottom