Stolen Conn Soprano Sax

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
Date: March 19, 2010 8:59:43 PM PDT

Subject: HELP - stolen instrument

Hi Folks,

Today has been a terrible day...my house was broken into and one of the only things they stole was my beautiful Conn soprano...stolen. This has been my longtime horn and a piece of art in terms of how it plays. I can't believe it.

The cops have the serial number and it is registered with the leadsonline pawn shop network.

It is a silverplated Conn soprano, serial [HASHTAG]#217713[/HASHTAG], in a black cordura case. If you see this horn listed anywhere, ebay, craigslist, please call me at 206.794.0774. Also, if you could forward this email to other saxophone players in Seattle, shops and repairmen. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eric Barber
http://www.ericbarbermusic.blogspot.com

Straight or curved? Any pics? It'd be helpful for those of us who cruise the web for the occasional sax.

Something's rotten in Seattle...

I'd say Eric was targeted by some of his "friends". Picking a soprano saxophone (and a Conn at that) out of an array of other instruments (some of which may have carried the well known name Selmer) as the only item to take reeks of someone close to the owner, perhaps someone who plays with him on a occasional or frequent basis.

Take the standard precautions, sure. Maybe this was a one in a thousand smash and grab artist who actually knows about obscure American saxophone manufacturing from the early years of the last century.

But, I'd be willing to bet that someone who he sits close to on a monthly or weekly basis is behind this. I'd start looking for changes in established habits. I'd ask musical director friends of mine to offer jobs to suspected friends that included a soprano part and not include Eric - then show up unexpectedly at rehearsals or performances with serial number in hand.

Back
Top Bottom