Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

The definative Theater Music Book List - You be the Judge

Such lists are as good as the folks that put them together. Even the rental house's listings can be inaccurate/spotty as far as this aspect goes.

There is a readily available paperback book called Let's Put On A Musical which offers capsule views of a huge number of shows. It's what I use for my first look at a show, even if it doesn't not consistently list the horns present in each part.

Gandalfe--
Thanks for the kind words and the link. The list started out small and quickly developed a mind of its own. I'm always pleased if someone finds it useful.

Merlin--
Sorry about the email problem, and thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm working on getting it fixed, but in the meantime (and in the future) everyone is welcome to contact me through this forum. Or email me using [my forum username] AT gmail.com

SOTSDO--
I couldn't agree more. My list comes largely from publishers' listings, and the many mistakes are a combination of their goofs and mine. But the list is improving steadily with input from friendly fellow doublers who have firsthand experience with the shows. I am always happy to credit contributors!

Best,
Bret

Last edited by a moderator:
bpimentel said:
Thanks for the kind words and the link. The list started out small and quickly developed a mind of its own. I'm always pleased if someone finds it useful.

Best,
Bret

Ahh...Bret. I was wondering how long it would be before I saw a post from you on here. Keep up the good work on your site, even if it's only as accurate as your sources. Still the best of its kind.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom