The Overhaul Crisis

so now we know more of the motivation !! :-D
so I assume you aren't going to keep it for yourself ?
No, Im not going to keep it. I'm undecided whether to keep the original case, but it's too big to be stuffed in my backpack. Else there's nothing that's better than in my current setup. Which means I've hit the ceiling in some way. Which is both a disturbing and a reassuring thought. :cool:

Apparently the "market price" for such a beast is lower...:|

The one I've restored looks just as nice now, plus it has the original "Lektor"-style case. :)

Yes, I wouldn't pay anywhere near that price for one if i was seriously looking for one. But then I really have no idea how to value a RS.

I wouldn't mind having one for a couple months just to fiddle with it and measure everything up. But then I can say that for any top of the line pro clarinet too.

Yes, I wouldn't pay anywhere near that price for one if i was seriously looking for one. But then I really have no idea how to value a RS.
I just checked the Buffet prices and they're waaay down as well...must be a good time of year for buying, bad for selling.

I'm always concerned when a late model high end instrument isn't in the original case, unless it is a specific type of case which is different - flight cases for example. Seems like someone might be hiding something.

I'm always concerned when a late model high end instrument isn't in the original case, unless it is a specific type of case which is different - flight cases for example. Seems like someone might be hiding something.

The original case (of which I will post pictures if need be) is, uhm, "roomy", which is a good and a bad thing at the same time. It doesn't fit into a backpack, but it has room for sheet music, accessories and even a compact stand. Some people prefer the "all in one" approach, others are more happy with a more modular concept. And some people are inconsiderate enough to dump the original case, operating instructions, warranty leaflets etc - stuff like this will easily make for 10% more or at least a faster deal...

Anyhow, I think that for "exotica" eBay isn't the right vehicle; for a price like this, a prospective buyer would like to touch and feel the instrument, and the seller would like to see it land in a happy customer's lap (at a potentially better price). I had no problems selling an elderly Bundy bass for $700 to a friend's friend (after lending it to him for three weeks so he could thoroughly play-test it). I'd have been surprised if I got half of it via eBay.

I guess for nearly two grand there should be more icing on the cake than a (non-existing, in that special case) return period.

Back
Top Bottom