Timmy's Sax

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, it's TIMIS, but I'm fond of catchy titles.

I know little to nothing about this brand. I think it's Romanian, but I'm not sure. I do know that there are at least two models: Superior and Solist de Lux.

Anyone ever hear of 'em?

That superior is rather strange. Keyed for a left hander?
Couldn't open the pics for the other.

afik Timis is an abbreviation for Timisoara, where Arta Guban are/were based.

Somewhere along the line I heard they (Guban) sourced the saxes from Amati and/or B&S (& predecessors). First guess is that this is another line from Guban. But treat it as speculation.

afik Timis is an abbreviation for Timisoara, where Arta Guban are/were based.
I was thinking that, too. 'Course, the horns I picture are actually stamped "Timis." I also saw a case for one, too, and it looked kinda like the King logo, but said "Timi."

I was doing some further Googling last night, when I looked up and saw the clock read "12:05."

Thanks very much for the links!

Thanks!

I really haven't gotten around to doing any research on this at all. I do wonder if these are two different companies. I wish I could read Russian ....

Thanks!

I really haven't gotten around to doing any research on this at all. I do wonder if these are two different companies. I wish I could read Russian ....

Some Romanian might help as well. Was bad enaough having to learn German, I've no wish to learn any other languages. Incidnetally I've relatives in Romania, so can probably get some help from them if there's a Romanian site that you can't decipher through google.

There really is so much out there, it'd be grand if I could read EVERY language, but I definitely appreciate the offer!

Back
Top Bottom