Twelfth Night doubling log

Restrung the Ricky on Friday, and that pretty much solved all of the action issues. Previous owner had strings that were too heavy on it.

Did another twelve hour recording session today. Played a ton of stuff, but managed to hand off the mandolin stuff to the other guitarist.

One of the cues has flute, two alto flutes, two clarinets and contra.

In the Overture, I play six woodwind parts, guitar and bass. It's not too weird until you realize you're listening to yourself playing something you're not used to hearing.

Spent the entire day on the deck. Several of my entrances and exits were changed because they finally figured out things weren't physically possible the way they'd been blocked.

Our wireless mic tech is superb. Plays guitar and keeps all the stage guitars tuned and ready to go.

Wow, the techs I've worked with aren't allowed to touch anyone's instrument.

There's two basses, five acoustics, four electrics and one 12-string electric being used onstage. With costume changes and entries from different places all the time, it's great to have a tech looking after some of the gear.

You have to remember, this is world class professional theatre. The people who work here are top notch.

We're recording the bows music today. Electric bass, alto/tenor/bari saxes.

Tuesday is our tech dress rehearsal day. They also rehearse the quick costume changes with a team of dressers. It's another long day; 13 hours with two meal breaks.

Dress rehearsals on Thursday and Friday, then first preview one week from today.

The onstage doubling is stable now. Electric guitar, electric bass, alto sax, bari sax, alto flute and electric 12 string guitar.

I have 4 costumes and 6 costume changes - one of which is supposed to occur while I'm playing a cue offstage.

Finally ran the show without stopping last night. Good thing, as it was the second and final dress rehearsal.

Got my show glasses this week. The festival supplied costume appropriate frames and paid for the lenses and fittings by my optician. Nice having glasses on stage.

Back
Top Bottom