Vibratosax in New Colors

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I have an A1S. Mine had a broken post in shipment and another piece that held an adjustment screw that cracked. Vibratosax sent me new parts, including everything I need to convert it to the latest keywork, but I don't have it back together yet.

Doesn't our very own Groovekiller have one?

I chuckled when checked out their Facebook page. There was a photo on their page that came off my site--sent to me by a Vibratosax owner. They even had my text and everything with no back-link. People had speculated about how the instrument came to be where it was. Unfortunately the conversation dated back to the end of June, but I chimed in anyway, explaining the context.

If you scroll down in the facebook link above, it shows Vibrato sax is coming out with plastic reeds as well. What a perfect match!!! Now if they would only come up with a plastic embouchure (like those wax lips). A few of my former students could have really benefited from such an innovation.

I do like the idea of clear plastic saxophones. The teacher could tell at a glance which students are cleaning the inside of their instrument. Maybe clear plastic PBones would help keep trombone players from marching into the goal posts during marching band rehearsals.

(Can someone tell me how to add a smiling devil icon to my posts?)

:emoji_rage:

When you write your post, take a look at the top of the message box/window. JUst to the right of the underlined A is a washed out smiley. Click on it. Brings up a window with notes in it. Scroll to the bottom. Click on more smileys. Brings up another window. Expand that, and you're finally at the full range of smileys that Pete has loaded.

Why add a smiley, devil or not, to your post - and to any post - ? Irony and humor don't need to be pointed out, unless they are not ironic nor funny. And your post was funny.
J

:emoji_rage:

When you write your post, take a look at the top of the message box/window. JUst to the right of the underlined A is a washed out smiley. Click on it. Brings up a window with notes in it. Scroll to the bottom. Click on more smileys. Brings up another window. Expand that, and you're finally at the full range of smileys that Pete has loaded.

I don't understand. Neither of those are at the top of the message box as I write posts in either Firefox or Explorer. [insert sad smiley here]

Why add a smiley, devil or not, to your post - and to any post - ?

For some unfathomable reason, we here in the US of A seem to require something other than words to convey what we are trying to say. Chalk it up to the collective dumbing down of the American civilization.

What offends me most about "smileys" is that they take away some useful "normal" text in some systems. I've given up on numbering items in a listing, since so many of the number/parentheses combinations end up being displayed as a little smiling head.

But, I missed out on the Facebook/MySpace/Twitter revolution as well. I'm either too stupid or too smart to get involved - you can draw your own conclusions there.

For some unfathomable reason, we here in the US of A seem to require something other than words to convey what we are trying to say. Chalk it up to the collective dumbing down of the American civilization.

What offends me most about "smileys" is that they take away some useful "normal" text in some systems. I've given up on numbering items in a listing, since so many of the number/parentheses combinations end up being displayed as a little smiling head.

But, I missed out on the Facebook/MySpace/Twitter revolution as well. I'm either too stupid or too smart to get involved - you can draw your own conclusions there.

I hate Facebook, et al. That is a waste of time, IMHO. However, smileys are just for fun, and not just American either. Very popular globally in forum texts. I have been in LOTS of forums over the years, and while some users do tend to use smileys(to excess) so the can exclude typing out thoughts. Most use smileys for fun, and to convey the addition of facial expression, which only a talented writer would be able to convey with words. In my opinion it isn't a matter of "Dumbing down" at all, more the fact that now the web is easily accessible to LOT'S of folks. Not just those who have a talent/experience at conveying their thoughts and emotions in typed only format. JMO

I only mind emoticons (smileys and similar) when someone posts a billion of 'em. Especially if more than one is animated.

The general idea behind an emoticon isn't necessarily "dumbing down" a post, but is to try to convey the emotion of the poster, particularly if the post is meant to be sarcastic and/or is poking fun. For example, while I believe my sarcastic wit is second to none, some people might not realize that, thus I add a :p to some posts. Also, when I'm talking about your strange obsession with the alto clarinet, I might add a :D to let people know there is a joke, but it's only a joke if I've read a few of your posts, first.

FWIW, I don't do Twitter and I've done as little on Facebook as possible. I've got more than enough technological distractions.

Oh. For numbered lists, you can use the BBcode

WWFscreen.jpg

John, you have your settings set to Simple. In the user CP, go to 'Edit Options'. Then scroll down to Misc. Options, and change the 'Message Editor Interface' to 'Enhanced Interface'. That should fix it.

This is what the enhanced mode looks like:

Capture3.jpg

:TrebleClef::Line1::Line1::Space1::Line2::bar::Line2::Space1::Line1::Space0::bar::Line0::Line0::Space0::Line1::bar::Space0::Line0::Line0::end:

Thanks Low Thud. I guess I didn't get that memo when I joined this forum. Now I can really enhance my posts with all these wonderfully annoying emoticons. :emoji_smile:

Back
Top Bottom