We Need the Money

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Here's a brief summary:

The forum currently costs approximately $55 a month. I don't have that cash per month (unless I actually do get hired at the Library of Congress). So, I'm asking all of you for help. Otherwise, we'll have to go the route of a bunch of banner ads and I really don't want to do that.

At this moment, the best way to get us some cash is with my PayPal account:

================

Primary Goals
* A year of hosting: $660
* Renewing the domain name: $25
* Donations: $648.91 (as of March 29, 2014)
* Left to go: $36.09

"Stretch Goals"
* New version of vBulletin: $209
* New vBulletin Theme: $35

Thank you to all who have donated!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that with us Pete. I will help to the extent that I can.

Thanks very much, folks.

We've still got quite a bit to go for this year. I'll see what I can do about posting more details in a bit.

Again, major thanks to those who have donated.

As you can see in the first post, I've updated it with our current progress. I can also mention that Jim's (Gandalfe) is trying to set up one static banner ad. It's a pretty decent rate. (I insisted on no Flash.)

In the near future, I'm going to look into some other hosting scenarios. If you know someone who would donate a bunch of webserver space and bandwidth, please contact me via PM or e-mail.

How many gigabytes of storage are we talking here? (I pay ~140 p.a. for a 10 GB shared server, including apps (phpBB, noVbulletin tho'))

Just curious.

I thought I provided a link to the exact plan, but I didn't. I've got it in an e-mail, somewhere.

http://www.knownhost.com/managed-vps-packages.html

Ed said:
Costs are $55 a month but that is partially due to the fact that I have extra IP's on the box. Normal price for the VPS-3 package is $45 a month.

Knownhost said:
KnownHost's Managed VPS Hosting packages are a cost effective substitute for shared/reseller hosting as well as Dedicated Servers with one major difference; VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Servers) give you the flexibility and power of a dedicated server, without its high price. VPSs are excellent for websites using Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, or Magento that demand more than a shared environment can empower.
70gb disk size, 6,000gb bandwidth.

Edit: Yes, that's a bit of overkill with the disk size, although not terribly so. Hey, one of the options I have is moving my website and the $ I pay for that website here. It's almost 10gb and growing and I just finished doing a backup here and that was over 6gb compressed. I need to get some more details from Ed regarding when payments are due, etc. I've also got some hosting plans through vBulletin that I'm really interested in, but need more details. In other words, I wanted to make sure everything is as-is until I can get my ducks in a row.

Done!!!

Back
Top Bottom