Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Woodwind Forum on Facebook

Somewhat more seriously, I've heard both good and bad things about FB. I've just got so many usernames and passwords, I think I'll explode if I get another one.

pete said:
Somewhat more seriously, I've heard both good and bad things about FB. I've just got so many usernames and passwords, I think I'll explode if I get another one.
Pete, you're a super techie. This just makes me laugh. Are you getting old? I thought I was the old one around here.
Ed Svoboda said:
I've joined. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
So where's the pic of your band? :cool:

OK, Mr. More Wired than Thou, I have an account and stuff and I'm registered.

I feel all Facebooky.

Wait. Something's wrong. Uh-oh.

>BOOOOMMM!!!1111one<

I blew away the photo I wanted to use when I moved my family site. Now I'm going to use facebook for that but I have to track down a photo of me. I generally hate most photos of me so this could be a challenge.

Use someone else's photo. That's what I'm going to do.

General note: I'm not planning on being there, much. OK, at all. If you need me, please contact me through the WF. I've got way too many other things going on.

SteveSklar said:
how do you actually "join"

I have a login id .. just haven't been able to Join ?? :geezer2:

Are you talking about how do you join the WF group on facebook? Search for woodwind forum ... when you get there ... hit join group in the top right.

Hopefully that helps LOL!

SteveSklar said:
I have a login id .. just haven't been able to Join ?
If you have a facebook (note the lack of caps, I guess it's all about style) then you have joined. Now you just start playing with the site. Click on things, hit the back arrow if you get lost. Better yet, bookmark your home page. Or, have the neighbor kid come over and give you some pointers. You teach lessons to some kids right? :cool:

Just a note.

While I have gotten an enormous amount of Facebook spam in the past couple weeks, I have gotten a couple people from here (and SOTW) wanting to be my "friend" on FB.

I don't really have the time to be on FB, so it's not that I don't want to be your friend, it's that I don't have time to be "friendly" there.

So, yes, I am ignoring all Facebook-related e-mails.

I'll pick up the slack from Pete on facebook.

I'm easy to find.

While you're there make sure to join our woodwindforum group.

Just a note.

While I have gotten an enormous amount of Facebook spam in the past couple weeks, I have gotten a couple people from here (and SOTW) wanting to be my "friend" on FB.

I don't really have the time to be on FB, so it's not that I don't want to be your friend, it's that I don't have time to be "friendly" there.

So, yes, I am ignoring all Facebook-related e-mails.
Gaaahhhh!

I have deactivated any and all Facebook/Twitter/whatever accounts for a couple of reasons, but the main one being that if you want to get hold of me, I'd much rather you send me an e-mail.

It's possible I will reactivate my accounts in the far future, but not anytime soon. I've got too much other stuff goin' on. (And I think someone started posting as me on Facebook, too.)

So. If you find your friend request all the sudden denied, it's not that I don't like you, I just don't have time for Facebook. I'm sorry. I might try again in a few months.

Lot's of music to listen to, gigs to attend, and people to get to know. I'm finding Facebook to be almost addictive as Second Life was. BTW, I edit my stream so that I don't get app pings, content from people speaking languages I don't understand, and block people I find boring or offensive. Works nicely to keep in touch with the people I care about.

Oh, and once a month or so I delete lesser-known friends who do nothing on their FB. Keeps me lean and mean. :cool:

It seems too much like work to appeal to me. My children were offended when I denied their requests, but later saw the light when they realized how much all of this "on-line social" activity was affecting their real life.

Hell, I really don't desire to make friends in my real life, much less in some virtual equivalent. Friends take up time, and right now I just don't have it to spare.

Back
Top Bottom