WW Quintet music with transposed bass clarinet rather than bassoon?

Are you aware of any Woodwind Quintet music available with the bassoon part already transposed into bass clarinet? I prefer not going through the learning process of transposing clefs, key signatures etc. Please reply with any source(s) you may have.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Have I heard of that? Yes. Can I give you an example for a quintet? No. However, I do have an alternate answer:

Provided you have a computer, grab a copy of Musescore. It's free. Enter notes, which is easy (just point and click), but can be time consuming without a MIDI keyboard and interface. However, if you don't have a keyboard, here's a used one for $30. Here's a MIDI interface for $45, new. And, no, you don't have to be a big time keyboard player. You hit a key on the keyboard for the pitch, then you hit a key on the your (typing) keyboard for the note duration (or vice versa; it's been a while since I've used Musescore).

One of my tasks, when I was an assistant to a director, was to do exactly this. You get faster each time you create a page!

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm debating now whether I want to go this route rather than play with other instrumentalists. It's more complicated than I had imagined- which was to scan a bassoon part, hit a key to transpose it, and, transposition us done. Not so however.

I've used Musescore to transpose lots of pit orchestra bassoon parts. No, I don't have a keyboard or a MIDI interface. Did it take time. Sure. But not as long as it would have taken me to re-learn bassoon. :p (That is a slow and painful process for me I'm afraid. ;))

Back
Top Bottom