Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

YDS 150 Video

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
From the video intro: The last months I've been a part of the development team behind this groundbreaking instrument! Thanks for the support and trust from Yamaha Music! You guys asked for a comparison video between the sax-sounds on the YDS and real saxophones. Here is a demonstration back to back, using Yamaha horns and the YDS.

In this video I am playing on our V1.0 prototype, but the finished product will have the same design and feel. Let me know your thoughts or questions and I will respond as best as I can!
Later I will post a video of the hardware & specifications to the instrument.

Not bad for filler voices, but typical synth issues with attack and note bending.

I realize I'm not the target audience of this device, but would be if:

1) I could do pitch bends/vibrato with the reed
2) The tone would change as it does on an acoustic sax when reed pitch bending
3) I could change the tone like I do when changing my oral cavity
4) There would be at least two more octaves so I can play without the slower altisimmo fingerings
5) It would respond to throat growl and flutter tongue
6) It had full MIDI via 5PIN DIN output so I could hook it up to my Yamaha VL70-m synth module

Actually, I'd love to see Yamaha give us the next, improved generation of the WX5/VL70m combo. The Physical Modeling of the VL is the only method I've tried that makes me feel like I'm playing an instrument instead of samples.

Insights and incites by Notes

Back
Top Bottom