Ledoux?

Sure, come on over tonight and I'll record you and post to YouTube. Then we can go hear the Big Band at first Saturday night at Crossroads. :cool:

Gee .. thanks ... if i left a couple days ago I could have made it by tonight !!

Stop by on the way and we'll get that flux capacitor wired in. You'll make it in plenty of time.

Just don't forget the left handed screwdriver this time.

Geesh, I thought y'all had the Fermata thang down pat. It's all about controling the time fold. :emoji_rage:

No matter, we decided to go to the velodrome for the races tonight. It'll be puppy Amelia's first field trip. Puppy lessons start Sunday. Enjoy the freedom Amelia.

Last edited:
Stop by on the way and we'll get that flux capacitor wired in. You'll make it in plenty of time.

Just don't forget the left handed screwdriver this time.

umm .. thanks Carl ... for those that are truly stumped .. from another thread from another forum. ..

velodrome G ?? you like to watch track racing ? Shall I send you a track bike to wiz around ?

Let me know what shots you want. I'll do my besst to get some good ones.

It'll be puppy Amelia's first field trip. Puppy lessons start Sunday. Enjoy the freedom Amelia.

I like the name Amelia. So much so that it's what we named Kid #2.

What kind of puppy is your Amelia?

velodrome G ?? you like to watch track racing ? Shall I send you a track bike to wiz around ?
I ride there on my road bike every once in a while. It would take me some time to get used to that slope!
I like the name Amelia. So much so that it's what we named Kid #2. What kind of puppy is your Amelia?
German/Aussie Shep mix. Here's a picture. Frisky, happy and full of energy she is. Oh, and so is the dawg. :cool:

Amelia is adorable.
With her breeding she should do well in Puppy School.
The Shephard half will learn quickly. The Aussie half, well, keep her mind busy. It's a good thing 'Mom' is full of energy. :-D

Ledoux National

I realize this is a long dead thread, but I was hoping to get a little bit of information about a Ledoux National clarinet that I picked up at a flea market earlier today for $20.

Besides a little bit of mold (yech!), it seems to be in pretty good condition. I haven't had the guts to put a mouthpiece on it yet, but the pads are probably rotted out anyway. All of the mechanisms are working well, and the wood itself is intact, although it definitely needs oil.

Anyway, I'm mostly wondering if it is worth overhauling. I'm perfectly okay with having wasted $20 on a piece of junk, but I'd rather not shell out the cash to repad and recork it if isn't worth it.

I've tried Google, but it hasn't really helped much. There aren't any on eBay at the moment, and all of the sales referenced in this forum are delisted already.

I'd appreciate any information that anybody would be willing to give.

Oh, and I'll happily provide pics if anybody happens to respond ;)

Ledoux Clarinet Pictures

Steve,

Here are some pictures of it. When I get a chance, I'll upload a bunch more to my Picasa album @ http://picasaweb.google.com/justin.waters/LedouxClarinet

Fortunately, it looks like only two of the pads need to be replaced, and my old Clarinet instructor fixed them for free! Other than that, it looks like one of the springs has lost most of its "springiness", and some cork has peeled off of a few of the keys.

Overall, it doesn't sound bad. It's better than the composite Armstrong clarinet I got in 4th grade, that's for sure.

I would think that this is a step down version of my Ledoux Artist.
Another Malerne stencil?

Just bought one on Ebay

Just bought a Ledoux clarinet with new pads on Ebay. So far seems to play well. It looks to be the twin of the one pictured on post #23. One interesting thing is that is has only the Ledoux symbol and it is only on the bell. Also on the bell it states "made in France." Serial number is hard to read. Looks like DC5768. Keys appear to be German silver of maybe French silver. Is it recommended that bore oil still be used on an instrument that old?

I realize this is a long dead thread, but I was hoping to get a little bit of information about a Ledoux National clarinet that I picked up at a flea market earlier today for $20.

Besides a little bit of mold (yech!), it seems to be in pretty good condition. I haven't had the guts to put a mouthpiece on it yet, but the pads are probably rotted out anyway. All of the mechanisms are working well, and the wood itself is intact, although it definitely needs oil.

Anyway, I'm mostly wondering if it is worth overhauling. I'm perfectly okay with having wasted $20 on a piece of junk, but I'd rather not shell out the cash to repad and recork it if isn't worth it.

I've tried Google, but it hasn't really helped much. There aren't any on eBay at the moment, and all of the sales referenced in this forum are delisted already.

I'd appreciate any information that anybody would be willing to give.

Oh, and I'll happily provide pics if anybody happens to respond ;)

Since you've only invested $20 so far, keep it cheap and try doing a repad and recork yourself. Plenty of sources out there for pads and cork. It doesn't hurt to try something new, and you're not risking a huge investment either. Better to try and develop some skills on a throw away than on a pro horn.
I enjoy repairing my own horns from time to time. I still use techs when I have a tricky repair or when it involves a nicer instrument, but you're talking about a $20 horn. Take a chance and give it a try, you may enjoy working on your own horn too.

Just bought a Ledoux clarinet with new pads on Ebay. So far seems to play well. It looks to be the twin of the one pictured on post #23. One interesting thing is that is has only the Ledoux symbol and it is only on the bell. Also on the bell it states "made in France." Serial number is hard to read. Looks like DC5768. Keys appear to be German silver of maybe French silver. Is it recommended that bore oil still be used on an instrument that old?

YES, oil is recommended for vintage clarinets.
Don't use the stuff that comes in those cheap care kits. It's NASTY!!!
Almond oil or any of the Doctors products are much better for the wood.
Lightly moisten an old swab with the oil and draw it through a few times being careful to not let any get on the pads. Let it sit for a few hours/overnight, then pull a clean swab through to remove any oil that hasn't been absorbed into the bore.

LeDoux Clarinets

Hi........
I see these clarinets at times on Ebay. There does not seem a high demand for these as far as I know. It could be like many of these old horns a stencil Buffet, Selmer or a LeBlanc. I am a collector of old clarinets and find many of these old guys when rehabbed, play as well as well or better (especially intonation) as my previous R-13 and my current Yamaha 61. At this point I am collecting any Ridenour I can pickup cheap. What a exceptional clarinet! The intonation is outstanding using a Vandoren B-45 mouthpiece. Take care. I'll keep looking for any info on these clarinets.

Back
Top Bottom