WF New People Introductions

When you start farting Mummy Dust you're old.
Until then, to quote Tower of Power, You're Still a Young Man.

The 13 year old thinks 30 is old. I wooshed by that awhile back. The 4 year old thinks ... 9 is old. I remind my 13 year old of that.

Just remember, in comparison to us all, Gandalfe is positively ANCIENT.

:p

While semi off-topic, I remember hearing from some folks that if you're not over a certain age or haven't played $instrument for a certain length of time, they discount your posts. Hey, I've had people tell me that I'm not a "pro" musician because I worked as a director -- running a music department, arranging music and teaching lessons -- rather than as some gig musician.

Just goes to show that age and position don't mean a thing.

My actual age is unimportant. Hey, my mom says she's 29, so I've gotta be a little older than that, right? (I think I told her awhile back that if you've been 29 for 29 years you have to pick a different age. She beat me with her cane for that remark.)

I guess that means I should hand over my I'm the youngest here crown LOL!

Tee hee hee.

I am 23.

Well crap!:-(

My newest black gig shoes are older than you!:geezer2:

Find the local symphonic flute player, or clarinet player, or oboe player. Take lessons. That doesn't mean you aren't good. It means that you are young enough to take command of the local situation if you are a kliller player. Do it. If you aren't there now, you can be.

Find the local symphonic flute player, or clarinet player, or oboe player. Take lessons. That doesn't mean you aren't good. It means that you are young enough to take command of the local situation if you are a kliller player. Do it. If you aren't there now, you can be.

Ummm, OK ,Sounds good. ?

Aiming this at anyone in particular?

What if you are the 'local' flute, clarinet, or oboe player? Do you still need to find the symphony?

What if you are the 'local' flute, clarinet, or oboe player? Do you still need to find the symphony?
Absolutely. You should be attending performances and seeing about joining/auditioning for the group.

This 'local' would get laughed out of the audition. IF there ever were an audition.
To get into a symphony around here someone has to die before they hold auditions.

Remember:

As far as your skills, it doesn't matter where you are now. Just get better. Find a way. Yes, someone has to die before you get the top local position. That's not the focus. play everything. Get better. The music biz changes. By the time the top dog dies, you can be better prepared than the number 2 dog. It's not a contest. It's an art. Be an artist. it's really hard, but if you have the time and the love, you are the best prepared.

I think I'll just be happy with being on the high side of mediocre.
Right now there's not much fight left in this old dog.

Hello Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and pleased to be on board. Thanks Dave for the plug. Formerly on SOTW. I'm primarily a tenor and soprano player in the contemporary jazz scene but do double as a clarinetist depending on the job. Glad to be on board.

Randy

Randy: Welcome aboard - and thanks for following up on my tip about this scene. DAVE

Back
Top Bottom