WF New People Introductions

Hi, welcome.

Couple of other good sources for repair info are Stephen Howarth's "Haynes Saxophone Manual" and cybersax.com. Ferrees tools for tools and parts.

Hi All
I started my musical working life in the Australian forces Bands, playing Clarinet, then Orchestras in Germany.
Lots of water under the bridge since then, now i do gigs working with backing tracks, and using, Alto, Soprano, Clarinet and EWI.
Looking forward to meeting all of you.

My Not-So-Brief Introduction

To break ice, I've been reading these forums for quite awhile, but this will be my first post. In my young adult life (a decade ago or more ago), I played reeds professionally for a short time (I use the term "reeds" rather than "woodwinds" since I've always been a supremely lousy flutist) before my inexperience got the better of me, leading to some foolish decisions that resulted in the end of any hope of a performance career.
After a few disappointments and some life changes (changing schools/majors, moving and getting married), I found myself practicing far less and, after a year or two, packed everything up where it stayed for nearly five years while I focused on a more mundane career. After getting my career off the ground and established, I finally had time to slow down and reflect. When I did, I noticed a void in my life. for awhile, I tried to fill it with other things. Some of those things, such as film and photography, I still l love; however, I soon realized that they were not what was missing. I started to let music trickle back into my life and that void started to fill up.
About three and a half years ago, I started practicing sporadically again. I've now been practicing regularly, and semi-intensely, for over a year and finally feel like I've once again reached the level that I was at when I let everything fall apart.
Anyway, enough of the melodrama about my past... These days, I still have my boring desk job to pay the bills. However, I'm fortunate enough to also be a music educator part-time and to teach privately on a number of instruments. Traditionally, Bb Clarinet was my specialty but I've always had a fascination with low saxes and clarinets and played Bari Sax and Bass Clarinet as much as possible. As such, I've made low reeds, particularly bass and contra clarinets, my focus more recently.
Anyway, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to learning from all of you and sharing what I can.

I think we have four or five folks over here that are in easy driving distance of me in AZ. I'm in Mesa.

Hi Everyone, I am just like Tanya 50 something had clarinet lessons when I was 15 and wondered why didn't I keep doing this. I love the sound of the instrument that mellow Jazz sound you know what I mean so this is going to be my project for 2013. I Live in rural Qld and I am finding it hard to find a teacher. I have gone solo a couple of times and not kept up the commitment. I hope you all keep me honest if I cant find a tutor, I would love to put my passion for this instrument into practice.
JustVickie

Hi! I'm C! I am almost 30 and my principle instrument is clarinet, though, I play oboe in my local community band and alto sax at church. I've been playing clarinet since I was 10 years old. I haven't really played it much over the last 4 years, due to playing the other instruments, but I'm getting back into playing clarinet this season. I just purchased a Buffet E11 clarinet since I've been letting my niece borrow my 'seasoned' Buffet international clarinet. I know they're both intermediate instruments, and one day hope to own a professional model, but intermediate is good enough for now. I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Introduction

I'm new to this forum but have been a member of SOTW for a while.
Mainly play Tenor Sax (Cannonball Brute) but I have started playing Clarinet (Buffet) and Flute (Armstrong)
I am a Music Minister in a Baptist Church so I have interests in all kinds of music.
I have my own Big Band (The Al Fine Little Big Band) and I'm also founding member of The East Texas Christian Jazz Band.
I sure I will enjoy being a part of this group.

Tony Z. Garrett

Back
Top Bottom