WF New People Introductions

Great to find this board.
Well I'm hidden away on Vancouver Island, starting to play a bit more and hopefully to improve. Started in 58 with the Canadian military did a tour with Norad Band in 73 - 76 on clarinet. played Sax from 19 on ( how many girls do clarinet players meet?) Played R & R. After 20 yrs quit and went into business for 10 yrs, unquit and did 5 yrs more in Naden Band, Victoria ( I know military again :geezer2: ). Now back in business but playing in Blues Band on Thursday nights and loving it. Started looking around Web and found this and other sites.
Andrea loved the "Rhumba" but also the "Dasaxa" reminds me a bit of the group called "The Shuffle Demons"that played "Spadina Bus" at Expo 86.

http://www.shuffledemons.com/

Thanks for the welcome Pete. Took me awhile to get back..... must be Vista??? or old age.
Will be on more I hope....
:geezer2:

zagor said:
hi everyone, my name is andrea.
I am italian but I live in sweden, I play saxophones and clarinets (see list below) and I am studio engineer.

I own soprano, alto and tenor sax, Bb clarinet (one metal as well) and bass clarinet.

maybe I’ll get a longer list next week, with an alto clarinet...

check me out here, at

http://www.myspace.com/zagor76

Andrea,
So are you like an acoustical expert being a studio engineer ?

SteveSklar said:
Andrea, So are you like an acoustical expert being a studio engineer?

well, I had to take a change in my carrier when I moved to sweden... I don?t play live with bands or chamber music anymore, I feel fine working in a studio.
expert... well... you decide! I can do my job, but I?m far long to be a super studio engineer!

Gandalfe: Fixed quote tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. I see the usual suspects are already all here...

Yeh, about me - during the day I sit in front of a 'puter screen. If not, I'm a family and band person. Play clarinet, noodle on sax, tinker and repair whereever there's somthing to tinker and repair. Adrian Monk with dexterity in this regard (I will, however, not confine myself to Crystal Springs).

Connical says hello

Hello to everyone ! I too have spent time on SOTW as Toobz.
I originally started on piano at age 4. In 1974 I took up the clarinet.
Switched to sax in 1975. Also have spent some time on flute.
Messed around in the late 70's and early 80's around SoCal trying to
make a go of it in the industry. I have also played in a number of local bands
of all sorts. Spent some time teaching too. Nowadays, it's just me and my horns.

I hope not to be a BORE as my user name suggests !

Hi all.

My name is Steve, I am qwerty from the SOTW board.

I am a public school elementary band teacher (25 years) and am a freelance doubler, taking pride in my abilities to cover just about any saxophone or clarinet part(including e flat and bass clarinet) parts in any show. I am working very hard on my flute/picc chops, practicing as often as I can.

I also enjoy classical saxophone and classical clarinet as well.

This place looks great! I look forward to spending some time here.

Hi all!

I guess I haven't done my intro here.

I'm Glen with the same "saxmanglen" handle from SOTW. The name pretty much says it all. I'm pretty much one dimensional in that I mainly play soprano, alto and tenor sax. I do have a WX5 breath controller that I dabble with once in a while. I also have an older Noblet clarinet I picked up a few years ago but it sits in my closet most of the time.

I live on the Cental Coast of CA with my wife and 2 wonderful daughters (6 and 11). I gig once or twice a month with a 9 piece bigband style group locally. I play tenor sax with that group. I also enjoy golf, cycling and spending time with the family outdoors.

Hi all.

My name is Steve, I am qwerty from the SOTW board.

I am a public school elementary band teacher (25 years) and am a freelance doubler, taking pride in my abilities to cover just about any saxophone or clarinet part(including e flat and bass clarinet) parts in any show. I am working very hard on my flute/picc chops, practicing as often as I can.

I also enjoy classical saxophone and classical clarinet as well.

This place looks great! I look forward to spending some time here.

Hah!

Ya threw me off - I was expecting the same handle!

Good to see you here Steve!

Hey Steve, Is it alright if we call you Marty?:emoji_rage:

Back
Top Bottom