Alert: Stolen Bass Sax - $1500 reward offered

Does the Pope count? :oops:
Jim, the proper response to this is, "No, but he's working on it. After a few lessons, he'll be fine."

Regardless or religious affiliation, JP II seemed like an interesting guy. I know virtually nothing about Benedict.

attachment.php

I knew I could illicit some photo shop work.

ROFL :-D:-D:-D

This is Hilarius.

Thanks Saxismyaxe.

I love it. With every respect to my Catholic friends, there's nothing like some low power for the higher power. Bach would be supportive. You'll notice that the Vatican gets the good stuff.

Last edited:
I don't know if any of you have been on the Eppelsheim website since this happened, but the Herr Eppelsheim did have a page put up specifically for the horn only a day or 2 after it was announced here and on the Bass Sax Co-op. Originally the Eppelsheim site listed the horn as "borrowed", and also had a copy of the "borrowers" ID. This page now has been changed. The ID and guy's name have been removed, and the horn is now listed as "stolen".

Since Herr Eppelsheim has been working with the Munich police, which he wrote also extends to how he advertised the theft and reward, presumably something has happened to change the status from borrowed to stolen. Does anyone here know for sure?

An update from Benedikt: I did not expect it at all but my bass saxophone has been found in a second hand jewelery store in Munich. The store had bought it for 1100 Euros. They thought the price was too high, so they researched and found the stolen bass announcement on the Internet only a few days later. So they reported it to the police. I thank you all for your support!

That's great news!!!! Good for the store. Nice to see that level of honesty. It is almost rare now a days.

Wow...Thinks that 1100 Euros was too much...Mmm...Definitely not a musician, and doesn't have a kid in music either. :???:

I have no knowledge of the details concerning this matter, but like I initially said, to convert the rental or borrowing of property to a crime (theft or fraudulent conversion - whatever a local jurisdiction may legally call it) is not automatic. That conversion from a civil transaction to a criminal act requires some hoops to be jumped.

I'd imagine that selling to a third person a borrowed or rented item may be one easy hoop to jump in converting from civil to criminal in any jurisdiction. I'm glad the saxophone was located. DAVE

Back
Top Bottom