Classical contrabass saxophone

Groovekiller

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
That is quite amazing Randy! You have done an amazing job at taming the Eppi low A beastie. I am in awe. The piece is beautifully performed! Your breath support is phenomenal. The technical execution was amazing. At times I forgot I was listening to a contra.

Given that you're more of a rocker, R&B, and modern music player, your classical chops really had a workout! Well done. If you keep it up, maybe you'll want to take up classical full time. Perhaps some of the symphonies in your region would like to have a guest contra player.

One "symphony" in my area did get me as a guest contrabass player. Actually, it was a pops orchestra, but with a full compliment of strings, woodwinds and brass.

I got a solo on saxophone near the end of the concert. The last night of the season, I played it on contra without warning anyone ahead of time. It was too late to fire me.

P.S. I just got my contract for the upcoming season. They must have forgotten.

Now is the time to set yourself up as a classical contra-bass saxophonist. Put up a sign, get a telephone and a fax line, erect a website, and just wait for the offers to come flooding in...

Back
Top Bottom