Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Classical contrabass saxophone

Groovekiller

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
That is quite amazing Randy! You have done an amazing job at taming the Eppi low A beastie. I am in awe. The piece is beautifully performed! Your breath support is phenomenal. The technical execution was amazing. At times I forgot I was listening to a contra.

Given that you're more of a rocker, R&B, and modern music player, your classical chops really had a workout! Well done. If you keep it up, maybe you'll want to take up classical full time. Perhaps some of the symphonies in your region would like to have a guest contra player.

One "symphony" in my area did get me as a guest contrabass player. Actually, it was a pops orchestra, but with a full compliment of strings, woodwinds and brass.

I got a solo on saxophone near the end of the concert. The last night of the season, I played it on contra without warning anyone ahead of time. It was too late to fire me.

P.S. I just got my contract for the upcoming season. They must have forgotten.

Now is the time to set yourself up as a classical contra-bass saxophonist. Put up a sign, get a telephone and a fax line, erect a website, and just wait for the offers to come flooding in...

Back
Top Bottom