Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Covid-19 Discussion

TMHeimer

Tom Heimer
If there is one good thing that has come out of the Covid crisis, it is that my observation is that society has become a little more caring and tolerant, and a little more polite than it was a year ago. I hope the effect is not just a temporary aberration.
Good point. Then again, that usually happens close to Christmas too.....

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
So, my wife teaches at the same school my youngest daughter goes to. They started the new semester a week or so after Gandalfe's post. Earlier this month, a student tested positive and he and his friends were quarantined (using just generic pronouns; I don't know the student). Last week, the administration decided to go back to home-schooling using Zoom and a couple other apps. So, it's ramping back up. Yay. :(

As a followup from my earlier posts, here in Oz we seem to be getting on top of things. In Victoria we have had no new cases and no deaths for over 2 weeks now and our lockdown is being progressively eased. As of midnight tonight we no longer have to wear masks outdoors except where its impossible to social distance, travel within the state is now unrestricted and most state borders have opened. There are still a few hotspots, but they are diminishing. It is possible to beat Covid, but it takes determination, a methodical approach and the cooperation of the populace. Here, mask wearing was pretty well universal and they have been proven to work. Elsewhere the wearing of masks seems to have become a political statement, and Covid doesn't follow politics.

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I am looking forward to the vaccine.

My sister-in-law, a nurse, was also diagnosed with Covid. She's still at home and is miserable, but that's better than "hospitalized."

Pete, I hope your sister-in-law has a speedy and complete recovery.

We now have a few vaccines on the horizon that look hopeful. There might be light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Notes

Top Bottom