Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Covid-19 Discussion

Thank goodness for the online recording projects. But I'm really not getting even a third of the play time I used to get when I was performing in the public. Here's hoping you all are doing well. Be safe, be smart, be strong.
The iPhone / iPad app Acapella has kept me busy musically - I need the distraction from work, which is also busy!
Some idea of what it does.....

That's all folks!

Chris

TMHeimer

Tom Heimer
Note_Norton,
You confirm what many of us here feel about what's going on not only in Florida, but other areas of the U.S.
Regardless of your very good points, it is hard to believe so many people still seem to disregard all the scientists we see on TV.
Look at that Country concert in Tenn. where it was a packed audience, maskless, shoulder to shoulder. American Airlines will now have full flights--what has changed since about March 12? They cite that a plane is one of the safer places to be for avoiding the virus. Funny, I always heard one of the worst places to catch a cold was on a plane. Truly amazing. I still wear my mask in any place around people and here we have nowhere near the worries and numbers of cases.

Gandalfe

Admin and all around good guy.
Staff member
Administrator
Don't know if that's confirmed anywhere but, what's going on down there.
And will we ever see the border open?
We, Americans, live in hope that we can figure this out using the models around the world that has been successful. Might not happen until 2021 though, sad to say. Don't give up on us Canada!

TMHeimer

Tom Heimer
We, Americans, live in hope that we can figure this out using the models around the world that has been successful. Might not happen until 2021 though, sad to say. Don't give up on us Canada!
Born in Yonkers, NY, I was an American until Nov. 21, 2017 (renounced because of FATCA, filing/paying taxes to the U.S. when I left in '77)--google FATCA. But, I hear ya. I love my (former) country. My summer concerts in NY are cancelled for the first time ever (since I left to teach Band in Canada age 23). I was very disheartened to hear that New Rochelle, NY was one of the first epicentres (epiceneters US) of the virus in all of the U.S., let alone NY. back in March. There was a "containment zone" there. My conductor of the Westchester Band (a H.S. freind and years fellow professional) lived just outside the zone. I was just at his house last Aug. before out last concert. Who knew our next one may be June 2021?

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
I am going to be Switzerland and try to stay neutral. All I can say is I am very concerned for my American friends right now. I am very thankful that our gov't is keeping the border shut between the 2 countries. As much as it is a hardship for some, essential goods and services are getting through.

Top Bottom