Hello all from a lowly Pawnbroker in South San Francisco. We have this beautiful vintage Noblet clarinet here at our shop, but I'm struggling to come up with an accurate year and model.
Here's what I know so far:
- modern keying system, so ignore the late 1890s Buffet in the background. That is a project for another day.
- both body joints, the bell and the barrel are all stamped with the Noblet Paris diamond with ND at the top -- which makes me think I have a model 45
- the mouthpiece has a different, more modern stamp, so am assuming the mouthpiece is a later addition.
- the top of the LH body joint is stamped "Made in France"
- both body joints are stamped with "5185A" -- this doesn't really match up to any of the serial number lists that I have found online.
- except for the replacement mouthpiece, all 4 pieces seem to be dark wood, so not compressed plastics.
So, with all this info, what model do you think I have?
A lowly pawnbroker who was a flautist...