Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Need a part

Carl, SuzySax (on this forum) plays an effer (Eb sop), Bb sop, and Eb alto clarinet when called upon. She never has to sit out. Maybe you should bring more than one instrument?

I often bring 3 or 4 instruments to practice 'cuz I play tenor in the big band for 90 minutes, then alto, sop, and now bass sax in the concert band. I can't imagine any reason to sit out.

Carl, SuzySax (on this forum) plays an effer (Eb sop), Bb sop, and Eb alto clarinet when called upon. She never has to sit out. Maybe you should bring more than one instrument?

I often bring 3 or 4 instruments to practice 'cuz I play tenor in the big band for 90 minutes, then alto, sop, and now bass sax in the concert band. I can't imagine any reason to sit out.
I could do that, but I'm getting tired of schlepping a car load of instruments to a non paying gig. I've played bass clarinet, Bb clarinet, Eb clarinet, tenor sax, mallets, snare drum, and timpani with this group. I'm tired of it. I'm going to play one concert on one instrument - the smallest instrument in the smallest case. If it were musically rewarding I'd be up for multiple parts, but the conductor is an abusive jerk and I'm in it purely for endurance building at this point.

I'm on the board and will be pushing to replace him ASAP. For what he is being paid, we can do better.

Back
Top Bottom