Woodwind Forum Calendar Fundraiser ...

Chris, luv your profile pic, do you have a bigger view of it and are they your instruments?

Hi Gandalfe

Yes and yes!

The picture is of some of my Couesnons. I do have an older "white" set that might get a photo when they are up and running. I have a pre 1937 nickel plated bari, a 1940s' silver plated tenor currently being worked on and 1930s' silver plated alto that can at the moment best be described as a junker. Don't have a soprano for that set, but I have recently bought a lovely Couesnon silver plate metal clarinet from 1930 to dep. for it!

The picture is one that could not go into the calendar because of being the wrong shape, but they did get a place in the calender in another shot.

And your photos look fantastic in the calendar too.

Chris

Couesnonfamilyportraitcomp.jpg

Yah. I really, really liked that shot, but the only place I could have put it was on the cover of the large calendar, as that's the only page that is longer than it is wide. It's still an excellent shot!

PHOTOGIFT355: 30%
WELCOME: 15% for new customers only
CYBER305: 25%
GROUNDFREE: Free shipping for orders > $50
FINISH305: 25% off orders > $500
MONDAY305: 30% off for orders > $750
FLURRY305: 25%
PHOTOGIFT356: 30%
CYBERUK305: 25%

Use 'em while they're fresh!

Last edited by a moderator:
holidayreads: 40%
remarkableyear: 20%
greatgift355: 25%
2011gift: 25% (max of $50)
stuffer: 20% (max of $10)
calendarvip: 40% (max of $10)
cyber25!: 25%

Several of the ones from my last post may still work.

EDIT: Lulu's having a promotion now, where they have a daily coupon. Check out http://www.lulu.com/holiday_coupons/?cid=eng_tphp_advent_120110

Last edited by a moderator:
dec17: 15% off
blizzard: 30% on 10 or more calendars.
newyear355: 10% off

Some of the above may still work.

Pete

The rush (?) for the calendars will soon be over. As a contributor to the calendar of a couple of photos I understand some of proceeds are to be apportioned to me.

Would you mind donating my cut of the profits to:

http://www.concertartists.org/

Do let me know if you would like me to sign anything more official to that effect.

It has been a pleasure to be part of your project, and I hope to contribute to the 2012 version!

Best wishes for the New Year to you and all,

Chris

I've got no problems with either, folks. If both of y'all could, please send me an e-mail confirming what you'd like and I'll get it done.

============

I'm not planning on a 2012 calendar. The main reason for this is that the work I have to put in to making one is considerably -- very considerably -- more than the funds I get from it.

Now, I didn't really do any advertising of any kind for the 2011 calendar. The biggest reason was the funeral stuff I had to attend to and that took over a month and 1/2. However, the sales of the 2011 calendar are about 1/10th the sales from last year's -- and, for what it's worth, I truly believe that this is the best calendar to date.

The other thing is that I've got a problem with price. I really can't produce a calendar cheaper unless I buy a bulk order and then sell 'em myself. That's probably not very economical, based on how many I've sold and all the time it'd take to ship everything.

It's really not just the assembly of the calendar that's time intensive (although it takes around 100 hours to do it). It's getting the pics. For the past couple years, I really had to beg for pics.

I've been considering, off and on, doing a coffee-table-style book with pics from the past calendars and some pithy comments about the horns. The thing is, I don't see a way to do it for under $50 for a really, really small book. And I'd have to use some other company, because lulu.com doesn't offer more than a 56 page full-color book, so I don't see that selling.

Anyway, at the very most, I might do another small-sized calendar, if there's a lot of interest and people send in some good pics.

That'd be nice, Steve. Very appreciated.

===========

As far as 2012 goes, I've already had people saying that they'll try to get me pics early. I'm probably going to post (soon) with some updates. It's a little too busy tonight ....

All righty, then.

It's February 1. That's generally the last date I make any more calendar sales (it's still available, but I doubt more people will buy). Sales were ... approximately 1/3 of last year's. However, I got a lot of compliments and a lot of requests to do a 2012 calendar. So, here's the deal:

* I want to get pictures from folks ASAP, rather than just saying "September 1." This allows me to have enough time to build the calendar at a much more leisurely pace -- and gives me time to compensate for any problems that may arise (like me having to take care of my father's funeral in 2010).

* I'm probably NOT going to offer the big calendar for sale. I definitely think that the price differential (about $11 more) kept sales down. If I have time, I'll create one.

Thanks, everyone. I'll cross-post this on SOTW and will also include it with the checks, when Lulu sends me the proceeds from January.

Thats great news. I will get the camera out very soon.

Is the required orientation for the small calendar still landscape?

Chris

Back
Top Bottom