Moral of the story: check what mouthpieces are with things. (in this case a Kaspar)

TrueTone

College Student who likes wind instruments & music
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291778781249
I was mainly interested in that pamphlet, but read the description, which led me to notice the second mouthpiece with that was a Kaspar.
So, I asked them for pictures of the mouthpieces, which let me confirm it was a Chicago Kaspar, with what looks like no problems.
So yes, check what mouthpieces are with Clarinets, you can get a Kaspar for $72 that way.

Or, conversely, check Google before you post an eBay ad :p. Literally the first hit for "kaspar clarinet mouthpiece" says that they're worth $350-600.

(Standard disclaimer: I don't know squat about Kaspar mouthpieces. I'm just quoting a website.)

Now that I have it... Did Kaspar not mark tip openings at times?
The only markings on it are:
"SUPERB"

Frank L. Kaspar
Chicago ILL.

(The stars have 6 sides, not 5, though, if that makes a difference.)

EDIT: as for the tip opening, it plays like it's a bit more open than my 5RV.
It plays very well, though it's somewhat resistant from the reeds I've been using on it (V12 3.5) being a bit too hard for it, though it's not as resistant as my Portnoy 3 is with the same strength and cut reeds.
And to edit this again, if I sand down my reeds some, they play with much less resistance, so that solves that problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom