WF New People Introductions

If we're still doing introductions here...

I'm Bret. I recognize lots of names here from the SOTW forums and the woodwind.org forums.

I study, teach, and gig on flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, and of course saxophone; plus recorders, whistles, bamboo and wooden flutes, and other folk and ethnic woodwind oddities. I'm a perennial student, though that may be coming to an end as I'm entering my final year of a doctorate in multiple woodwinds performance at the University of Georgia (go Dawgs) and there apparently aren't any more degrees after that.

Some of you know me from my personal website, where the most popular attraction is the big list of woodwind doubling in Broadway musicals. There's other woodwind-doubling-related stuff there, too, if you're into that.

Nice board you guys got here.

If we're still doing introductions here...

I'm Bret. I recognize lots of names here from the SOTW forums and the woodwind.org forums.

I study, teach, and gig on flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, and of course saxophone; plus recorders, whistles, bamboo and wooden flutes, and other folk and ethnic woodwind oddities. I'm a perennial student, though that may be coming to an end as I'm entering my final year of a doctorate in multiple woodwinds performance at the University of Georgia (go Dawgs) and there apparently aren't any more degrees after that.

Some of you know me from my personal website, where the most popular attraction is the big list of woodwind doubling in Broadway musicals. There's other woodwind-doubling-related stuff there, too, if you're into that.

Nice board you guys got here.

Great to see you here Bret!

I must refer to your doubling site 2 or 3 times a week. It's a great resource!

Hi

Hi folks!

I'm happy to arrive at what appears to be another great woodwind resource, and look forward to getting to know the community here. There are certainly some familiar faces from other places.

I play and teach on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada, and feel very privileged to live here. There's a great jazz community all over the island, with some pretty heavy players that keep the rest of us inspired.

Outside of music, I love my kids (& wife of course!:???:), bernese mountain dogs, and single malt scotch.

If you would rather read my bio in 3rd person, it's available for free at my site, where you can also hear me groan through some tired old tunes.

See you around the forums:)

Dan

Hi folks!

I'm happy to arrive at what appears to be another great woodwind resource, and look forward to getting to know the community here. There are certainly some familiar faces from other places.

I play and teach on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada, and feel very privileged to live here. There's a great jazz community all over the island, with some pretty heavy players that keep the rest of us inspired.

Outside of music, I love my kids (& wife of course!:???:), bernese mountain dogs, and single malt scotch.

If you would rather read my bio in 3rd person, it's available for free at my site, where you can also hear me groan through some tired old tunes.

See you around the forums:)

Dan

Great to have you here Dan.

Do you run into Roy Styffe at all? He and I went to Humber together, and did a fair amount of playing in big bands over the years.

Great to have you here Dan.

Do you run into Roy Styffe at all? He and I went to Humber together, and did a fair amount of playing in big bands over the years.

I met Roy soon after he moved out here. I've had the pleasure of playing with him a couple of times, at an outdoor concert Phil Dwyer puts on every summer in Qualicum Beach. Nice guy to talk to, and he sure can play!

Hello.

My name is Alexander. My username on Sax on the Web is TheWane.

I play the soprano and tenor saxophones.

I live both in southern California (Los Angeles area during the breaks) and northern California (San Francisco when school is in session)

I attend San Francisco State as an English major and hope to teach in high school and then in a community college.

I am a strong enthusisast for Avant Garde Jazz and free improvisation. I see my self as an improviser and not only in the "avant garde" sense, but in any context.

Good to see more community resources on the woodwinds!

The player isn't me.

It is Bruce Ackley of the ROVA Saxophone Quartet.

I think he plays a Selmer Super Action 80. I could always ask him if you are interested.

Hi everyone,
I'm Tammi from Lake Odessa Michigan. Some of you may know me as bandmommy. I'll do my best to behave myself.

I've been playing clarinet for 37 years but that doesn't mean I'm good.
I do a little teaching. Mostly clarinet, flute, sax.
I'm the principle clarinet in my Community band and play in a community theater pit orchestra once a year.

Most of you know that I have 3 beautiful and talented daughters, the eldest to be married at the end of this month.

If it's ok with everyone, I'd like to hang around for a while and learn a few new things.

Back
Top Bottom