Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

WF New People Introductions

Steve,

Not a thing! :D Folks around here act kinda weird if you don't play flute also. I went throught a period of about 5 years with Bell's Palsy and could't play anything. I'm just now getting my clarinet chops back.

I just act kinda weird, period. Just ask Ed. And he's asked me three times to take care of that flute area and I keep saying, "Dude. My sister plays flute. I don't even hold one right."

It's good to know that you can play clarinet again. I can understand the feeling of wanting to but not being able to. Truly.

Welcome Doc! Is that a C melody on the Web site in your sigline. Sublime! What's your quartet doing now a days? :cool:

Pete Thomas, I luv your Mr. Lucky CD. I'm surprised you don't have that phenominal YouTube clip on your home page. I have it on the MySpace site I maintain. It's killer and always a good way to start a conversation about saxes. :ugeek:

pete said:
I just act kinda weird, period. Just ask Ed. And he's asked me three times to take care of that flute area and I keep saying, "Dude. My sister plays flute. I don't even hold one right."

It's good to know that you can play clarinet again. I can understand the feeling of wanting to but not being able to. Truly.

If I keep assuming you play flute then maybe it will come true! Probably not. Have I mentioned today how much flute kicks my butt?

pete thomas said:
Hello strangers!

Best of luck with the forum.

My woodwind endeavours include flute, piccolo, alto flute, clarinet and, wait for it,

The Quena!

Pete,

It's great to have you on board.

Ed

Gandalfe,

Yes that is a straight C. One of the many customs coming from our shop. :D

Our quartet is having to regroup since the 1st as my son has parted company to pursue his own career. We're breaking in a new bari player.

Hi folks. New here having seen the post on the Bass Sax Cooperative. I arrange music for sax quartet, mostly ragtime, but I've ventured into church music too. (If you're interested, send a PM and I can give details.)

I don't play as much as I'd like since music isn't my day job. My sax inventory is Sop, Alto, Tenor, and Bass. The alto is a 1922 Selmer - sweet tone! The Bass needs pads but otherwise in great shape. That's my next project.

themartin,

Glad to see you here. Looking forward to seeing many posts educating us on the bass sax.

I've been active on SOTW, but this one should be fun too. I'm a database analyst/team leader for a large healthcare system in Ohio, spend as much time as I can spare enjoying my passion, that of a woodwind player, primarily my 3 saxes but also include clarinet and flute in the mix. A BS in music ed way back in 1980, then on to computer programming and a MBA a few years ago. Primarily a jazz and community band player, also get my doubling fixes in community theater pits.

Lo all
Name's Elsie. Clarinet originally, now sax. Sometime flute, occasional penny whistle and recorders. Music is mostly community wind band (two bands currently).
These forums come ten a penny and most are frequented mainly by egotistical children with poo fixations, so here's hoping this one will be a little more grown up.
Cheers
Els

Howdy!

(I lived in Texas for 7 years; I can say "Howdy".)

Enjoy the forum. My friend with the poo fixation has been confined to a different forum. Don't worry about him. However, some of us do have young kidlets so, the conversations about poo might become inevitable.

We'll try to moderate ourselves :).

Oh. I'd like to see some conversation about penny whistle. Just because. We're talkin' 'bout the same kind Jean-Luc Picard used on Star Trek, right? (OK, OK, less geeky: "We're talking about the instrument used to beautiful effect on such things as The Wexford Carol?" I have that on a recording for soprano {voice}, whistle and harp. REALLY nice.)

SteveSklar said:
RCnelson,

welcome aboard.

I see that you have one of the super Selmers .. the VII !!
:D

Ya know...I have a good one. Perhaps it's not a good VI or one of the best of the modern horns, but I believe if you are good player, you can sound good on a VII.

Back
Top Bottom