WF New People Introductions

hello all! I'm new here, you guys can call me Tim since that's what most people do. I'm a high school senior in Michigan and I play soprano, bass, and contrabass clarinet. I'm in the top band at my high school, I love everything about band and am glad to now be apart of this forum!

Old new member

Definitely trapped in the mess of the recent changing of password, I gave up and incrementally reappear on the Forum with one digit more to my name, graduating from Jacques5646 to Jacques 5647.
I'm of course down-rated from "Woodwind Member" (01-01-2009, 122 posts) to "New WW Member".
If anybody offers to reinstate a working password for my old appellation, I'll willingly cooperate... Otherwise, I'll go ahead, newer, and, hopefully, younger.
J

Hello all, new to the forum, but not to music. I'm a clarinet/bass clarinet/sax player. Classical background, explored a music major in college but ultimately decided against going pro. Now I predominantly play Bb and alto sax in Traditional Jazz and Swing recreationally. Lots of good resources here.

Hi from Red Pelican Music

Hi from Los Angeles, CA. We offer lessons on Clarinet, Flute, Saxophones and more. This forum is a great resource for us. Thank you!

Hi All! Not sure where to put this but I wanted to let you know that I am no longer in Alberta. I'm now back in Ontario, Canada down in Windsor. Excited to be right across the river from the US instead of hours and hours and hours and hours and hours away and too many plane flights.

Hello all, I am Mathew. I live in the West Midlands (UK). I play the Ocarina, and I am in the process of starting an ocarina group here in the Midlands. I have also started to take up the Tin Whistle too.

Hello guy, im new here and I want to say hello to everyone. Im really keen on classical music, especially Chopin also I like modern music like j-pop and j-rock. I am 24 years old unemployment student which has much of free time for himself :)

After 5 years, more than time to say hello.

Almost 5 years I joined this classy forum and never took the time to introduce me. So let's go.

Now 66, started music at 20 with 3 years of flute at the Lausanne (Switzerland) Conservatory; bought a tenor (a brand new Selmer Mk VII, stolen some years later), was invited a couple of days later to the 2nd tenor chair of a bigband, not knowing how to play the beast, learned on the job; some years later formed with good friends (and much better musicians than me...) a 5-sax outfit which lasted for 25 years (!) with decent local success and 2 CD's; in between I had switched to bari. Problem was that I had a more than full day job and no time to practise seriously nor learn how to seriously improvise (yes, my apologies SOTDSO, I'm playing jazz...). Happily enough, an early (and not exactly planned that way...) retirement allowed me to begin taking lesson with an excellent prof at the jazz Dpt of the local conservatory. Now active as an old but enthusiastic amateur in two bands: the Mini (14) Bigband of the Neuchâtel Conservatory and, an old dream come true, in a 2-sax quintet playing in the spirit of the Johnny Griffin - Eddie Davis, Dexter - Wardell Gray, a.o. gangs of the 50's and 60's.

Setup is a King S20 Cleveland with a Dukoff D7 mpc for the tenor; a late Conn 11M (but US made) with a Drake Crossover II for the bari; flute is a Sankyo "Silverite" with a Haynes head.

For the fun (I hope...) a small sample of the Bigband "live" with my taking a small solo on Johnny Griffin's "The JAMF's are coming". Nothing personal with that...

https://www.dropbox.com/home/BEC public

Long live the WF

J

No; it's tentalizing but I think it's safer for me to concentrate on my present stable... Besides, pit bands and musicals with their demands of full-range equipments from piccolo to contrabass saxes are extremely rare over here.
J

Back
Top Bottom